|Voiced By||Kaori Ishihara|
|Birthday||April, 5th (Aries)|
|Affiliation||Gessen Girls' Academy (2nd-year)|
|Favorite Food||Rice crackers|
|Family|| Unnamed Mother|
Unnamed Younger Siblings
|Hair Color||Dark Blue|
|Eye Color||Dark Blue|
Yozakura (夜桜) is a playable character from the Senran Kagura video game series. She makes her debut in Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus.
A second-year student at Gessen Girls' Academy. Being the oldest of twelve brothers and sisters, she knows how to discipline her peers, which comes in handy in her work as Yumi's right-hand woman and chief enforcer.
She rarely allows her own discipline to slip, but she does know how to party, and when pushed far enough, she lets loose – not only with her huge gauntlets, but with the full verbal force of her hometown accent.
Yozakura has short blue hair in a sort of bowl cut, with a cherry blossom in it, and she has blue eyes. She wears an outfit similar to a kimono, but exposes her midriff. The top parts of the outfit is white, which fades to a sea-foam green color, decorated with white, lavender and purple flower designs.
The bottom half of the outfit resembles the bottom half of a regular kimono, but is open down the middle. It's sea-foam green in color, and slowly fades to a dark teal color as it goes down. Like the top, it's decorated with small flower designs. She wears a pale blue sash around her waste, which is decorated with white flowers. She wears long white tabi, and wooden sandals. On her arms are large, ornate gauntlets, which have pistons.
“Kicking is for men and girls with no shame. A real lady knows how to use her fist, and look good in doing it.”
—Yozakura, taken from the Shinobi Syllabus.
Main Article: Yozakura/Relationships
She is the oldest of 12 brother and sisters, her mother died in a battle as shinobi when she was 8 years old and her father died a year later as shinobi too. After his death Yozakura was separated from her relatives. Some time later, she eventually met Master Kurokage, and he told her "I'll give you the strength to protect what is important to you" and she accepted with the condition that she get join her brothers and sisters.
Gessen Girls' Academy
Hanzo National Academy
Hebijo Clandestine Girls Academy
Homura's Crimson Squad
GameplayYozakura imbues every punch with all of her strength and tends to go for one-hit KOs. The gunpowder hidden in her gauntlets adds even more power to her explosive punches - enough to shake the very heavens and earth.
Related Article: Yozakura/New Wave
Yozakura appears as a playable character in the mobile card collection game, Senran Kagura: New Wave, alongside the other members of Gessen Girls' Academy.
Related Article: Senran Kagura: Bon Appétit/Songs/My Ultimate Feast
Shinovi Versus: Comic Anthology Vol.1
Shinovi Versus: Comic Anthology Vol.2
Non-Senran Kagura Appearances
Audio samples do not work on iPad, or any medium that does not support the .ogg audio format.
|Floral Freedom||Shinovi Versus||Yozakura's theme. It plays after she transforms and also when fighting against her. Yozakura's theme is based on the Classical Music Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata, 1st Movement"|
|My Ultimate Feast||Bon Appétit||Yozakura's theme. It plays when going against her in a cooking battle.|
|Sending Determination||Estival Versus||Yozakura's theme. It plays after she transforms and also when fighting against her.|
Creation & Development
“As a foil Katsuragi, our kicker, I felt we needed a punching character. That wasn't the original plan, but Yozakura just sort of naturally evolved that way during the design process. Her special feature is her Okayama dialect, so when Kitajima-san wrote the script in regular Japanese, I had to change it myself. But I kept thinking, if I completely changed her lines into full-on Okayama dialect, people would be like "What? I can't understand a word she's saying!" I had to really struggle to keep a good balance between comprehensible and regional with her.”
—Producer Commentary from the Shinovi Versus Shinobi Syllabus
- Yozakura's name means "Cherry Trees in the Evening".
- Her fighting gauntlets looks similar to The Big O hands.
- Yozakura's character theme, Floral Freedom, is an arrangement of Piano Sonata No. 14 (Moonlight Sonata) (Beethoven). A play on the "Evening" part of her name.
- In the Gessen Ninja Room after completing Gessen's story, speaking to Yozakura will trigger a conversation that reveals where her gauntlets came from. She explains that they were given to her by Kurokage shortly after joining Gessen, who had retrieved them from a couple who made iron weapons. She also states that the couple also made a pair of gleaves(metal boots) and she wonders where they are now
- This implies that Yozakura's gauntlets and Katsuragi's boots were made by the same people, thus explaining their similar color scheme and overall design.
- Yozakura shares the same birthday with Seimei.
Main Article: Yozakura/Quotes
- For game CGs: Yozakura (game CG)
- For official images: Yozakura (images)
- For cards: Yozakura (cards)
- For videos: Yozakura (videos)
- ↑ Info by Kitsune Hawk from http://www.vgfacts.com/game/senrankagurashinoviversus/