Tōkyō (東京) is Japan's capital and the world's most populous metropolis. It is also one of Japan's 47 prefectures, consisting of 23 central city wards and multiple cities, towns and villages west of the city center. It is the central city of Senran Kagura and contains both real and fictional locations.
- Asakusa: The center of Tokyo's shitamachi, one of Tokyo's districts. Its main attraction is Sensōji, a very popular Buddhist temple, built in the 7th century. The temple is approached via a shopping street that has been providing temple visitors with a variety of traditional, local snacks.
- Mt. Orochi: A remote mountain region that houses a small village.
- Hanzō National Academy: A famous, elite school that trains good shinobi for the government.
- Hebijo Clandestine Girls' Academy: A school that trains evil shinobi, based on the principle that "where good favors few, evil accepts all."
- Gessen Girls' Academy: A super-elite school for good shinobi attended by the girls of famous shinobi families.
- Tōkyō Skytree: A new television broadcasting tower and landmark of Tokyo. It is the centerpiece of the Tokyo Skytree Town in the Sumida City Ward, not far away from Asakusa.