Shinobi Transformation (忍転身, Shinobi Tenshin, lit. "Shinobi Turnover") is a physical technique that uses the Atrribute of Yang, in where the fundamental essence of the shinobi is used as a battle tool by releasing the body's internal spiritual energy in all six chakras simultaneously.
Using the technique produces a slightly different effect for each shinobi, but in general, their look and outfit will change and they'll be able to use all of their shinobi abilities. This quick outfit change can also be put to practical use in everyday life.
The transformation outfits aren't put on physically; rather, they're the manifestations of each shinobi's idealized appearance. These looks can reflect one's inner complexes or traumas. For example, Hikage's outfit is tattered in memory of her departed friend Hinata, who experienced a bloody death. Daidōji's schoolboy outfit reflects her desire to become stronger and her inferiority complex with regard to men.
The outfit acts as a shinobi's battle armor, and represents a warrior's motives, personality, and ideals, so large amounts of physical or psychological damage can destroy it, making it vanish into thin air. This explains why they can often take direct hits yet still continue to stand after but also suffer massive damage from seemingly minor attacks.
Shinobi Transformation requires the use of a Secret Ninja Art Scroll.
The Ninja Arts gauge is then extended based on their Level, allowing them to build the Ninja Art Gauge even further.
Fighting in while in the Shinobi Form builds the Yang Affinity.
In Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson, the Shinobi Transformation costs 1 bar of Ninja Art Energy, triggering a Transformation Scene.
In Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus and Senran Kagura Estival Versus, Shinobi Transformation is activated by pressing the L button ( L1 trigger in Estival Versus [?]) at the cost of 1 bar of Ninja Art Energy.
Fighting after Shinobi Transformation build the Yang meter.
- The Shinobi Transformation Sequences were changed in the Burst Version of Senran Kagura: Portrait of Girls (Skirting Shadows).
- Clothing Damage Scenes only played after Shinobi Transformation in Portrait of Girls and Burst.
- Upon Shinobi Transformation, Ryōbi's bust size increases from 69cm (27") AAA cup to a 95cm (37") I Cup.
- In Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson, the Shinobi Transformation Sequence involves the girls sliding their Secret Ninja Art scroll in between their breasts. As a result, Mirai hits herself in the face with her scroll due to her being small-chested.
- In Senran Kagura: Estival Versus, the location the girls hide their Secret Ninja Art Scrolls is revealed during their Shinobi Transformation.